Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Crew Visas (C1/D Visas)
image of U.S. capitol building

Non-Immigrant Visa Unit

Individual Crew Visas (C1/D) are issued to crewmembers of international airlines and vessels. To determine who qualifies for a Seaman's visa to work on a vessel take into account the individuals responsibilities and activities on the ship.

Applicants for nonimmigrant visas must be interviewed in person. In order to receive an appointment, please follow the procedure on Apply for a Visa.

If you will be working on a private yacht cruising U.S. waters, you require a B1-visa.